1 - Milestone I - Finished
A player can log in at the server.
There is a plane world (ground only).
You can talk to other players and walk around, thus a graphic chat.
A world editor and several tools are created.
2 - Milestone II - In Progress
Simple objects are added like walls, trees, wells etc.
You can pick up objects (items)
3 - Milestone III - Planned
Simple NPC's who react on speech and accordingly answer.
Construction of a scripting language.
A simple fight system is implemented.
4 - Further Milestones
Planning begins when Milestone II is finished.
1 - Planned features
- Music, changing with the environment
- Sounds, supporting different actions (walking, opening doors, fighting...)
- Day/ night, light, different weather conditions like rain, snow
- An expandable and updating map while in service (Where has the village gone? Where did the ruins come from?? Why are there so many orcs??)
- One (or some) upperworld, diverse dungeons, caves, secret channels, hidden stashes and???
- At the beginning there is no magic, magic has died and has been forgotten
- Thieves, merchants, and other monsters
- Skills: weapon skills, swimming, riding, healing, sneaking, reapearing etc
- A huge background story for the different races
- One main quest and many subplots and missions, whereas you don't have to solve a quest to have fun.
- Partyfunktions, informations that are important for the game, who permit a forthcoming in the quests
- Professions or guilds like: merchants, bakers, blacksmiths, healers
- guilds, guild-names, guild-leaders.
- Gods... certainly there will be gods, the gods see all and forget nothing.
- different races, e.g. humans
- No classes, whether fighter, thief or merchant, the assets equally rise by usage and level. So who is baking a lot will become a great baker, who is fighting a lot will be a good in fighting but not as good in baking.